Level 2 Overview
Level 2 Advanced Ayurveda Programs will take the foundation training deeper into the advanced realm of Ayurveda subspecialties taught by master instructors in each field. The 17-weekend modules are offered exclusively via live webinar events with options to watch recorded replays. Level 2 modules are more professional trainings, offering the knowledge required to become a clinical Ayurveda Wellness Counselor.
Live Webinars: Learn from Home!
The AWCP Level 2 program is offered exclusively via live webinar events that make learning more comfortable and affordable. Each webinar will be recorded to create content for recorded replays available on the Sevanti Institute website. Recorded replays are available free of charge to all students who pay full tuition in advance of the live webinar event. Students may purchase the recorded replay in the event they miss a live webinar event.
Nationally Recognized Faculty
The AWCP Level 2 program is proud to offer 12 of the most highly recognized Ayurvedic practitioners and teachers available. Each are specialists in their respective fields, they’re published authors of Ayurvedic textbooks, and are recognized as the teacher’s teachers of the Ayurveda community. You’re going to love the high quality of our teaching staff.
17 Course Modules
Our 17 required Course Modules are designed to deepen your counseling skills and to prepare you for professional practice. This information is essential to practice. The modules are also offered to enrich the wisdom of your practice with additional insights from related disciplines such as Ayurvedic cooking, essential oil therapy, Vedic astrology, and more.
Level 2 Program Instructors
Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar
Dr. Manisha Kshirsagar
Dr. Manas Kshirsagar
Dr. Margo Bachman
What You Will Learn
Students will immerse deeper into Ayurveda specialty practices such as Ayurvedic pathology, women’s health, psychology, clinical strategies, advanced nutrition, pulse diagnosis, etc. Students will learn these methods from over a dozen faculty members that specialize in these Ayurvedic areas. Students will develop more advanced skills in conducting professional-level Ayurveda consultations, with the clinical intelligence to distinguish complex conditions utilizing differential diagnostics, drawing from a more advanced knowledge base of Ayurvedic pathology and counseling methods.
A few of the topics you will learn during your Level 2 studies:
- Advanced principles of Ayurvedic theory, anatomy and physiology not covered in Level 1 trainings
- How to apply professional level assessment skills in an Ayurvedic consultation
- Advanced Ayurvedic nutrition techniques for the treatment of specific disease conditions
- The differential diagnostics skills needed to distinguish varying complex conditions
- A deeper understanding of the philosophy and vision of Ayurveda both in theory and in practice
- Advanced clinical pulse reading used in diagnostic situations
- Ayurveda and women’s health principles and practices for all stages of a woman’s life, including gynecology, prenatal and postpartum support
- Advanced Ayurvedic medical herbology, both single herbs and commonly used formulas and thailams
- Ayurveda counseling methods and clinical strategies that get effective results with clients
- Ayurveda and yoga psychology insights and methods as subtle therapies and for underlaying causes of imbalance
- AWC practice management skills needed to run an effective and busy AWC business
Level 2 Course Modules
Level 2 courses are designed to advance the information learned in Level 1 and include the essential principles, techniques, and practices clinically needed to practice as an effective Ayurveda Wellness Counselor. These courses are required for Level 2 completion and are prerequisites for admission to the Level 3 Clinical Supervision Program.
The AWCP Level 2 program derives its curriculum from the NAMA standards and scope of practice for the board-certified Ayurveda Health Counselor (C-AHC) level of practice. Level 2 courses cover all topics likely to be encountered on professional certification exams; these courses are strongly recommended prior to applying for the exam.
Our Level 2 webinars are scheduled daily from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm CST with a lunch break from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CST. Be aware of your local time zone differences. The Level 2 daily schedules are quite disciplined, however, we make every effort to create space for self-care. Do your best to commit to a home yoga practice or other exercises prior to the training. When prana flows, the mind is free to receive wisdom.