Last updated June 27, 2022
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Sevanti Institute (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- 3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- 4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- 5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- 6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- 7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- 8. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- 9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- 10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information collected through our Site: The only information about you that we collect is the information that you volunteer in the opening of your account with us. That information is secure and is in no way offered, sold, or provided to third parties.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on appropriate business activities required to fulfill our contract with you, compliant with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on appropriate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and login process with your Consent.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- To facilitate communications between our faculty and students. Your name and email will be shared with your instructors to allow essential communications and to inform the students of activities and opportunities offered by the faculty.
- To send administrative information to you for business purposes. We may use your personal information to send you products, services, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders for contractual reasons. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- Request feedback for our business purposes. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital interests and legal rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index en.htm
Account Information: If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt out, you may:
- Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
- Access your account settings and update preferences.
8. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites or Apps, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites or Apps. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Sevanti Institute, 46 Shepard Street, #44, Cambridge, MA 01886 United States
If you have any further questions or comments about us or our policies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Sevanti Institute, 46 Shepard Street, #44, Cambridge, MA 01886 United States